CHARGE, LLC is a privately-owned sports and entertainment marketing agency.
Since 2006, we are partners and advisors to sponsors, leagues, governing bodies, teams and athletes. Clients know us for our steadfast belief in their goals and our commitment to showcasing their brands in authentic and unexpected ways.
We change the world one idea at a time.
A successful candidate for this position must be able to understand a company’s goals and simultaneously see where the opportunities are across audience groups. This role is responsible for developing strategy for content-based marketing programs, based on a company’s business objectives, needs and market drivers. This candidate will also provide writing support for various internal and external communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and directs the development of online content;
- Uses campaign metrics and results to optimize the creation of content and distribution channels;
- Develops a robust content calendar, manages the editorial pipeline, and maintains relationships with other possible content creators;
- Understands personas, their challenges, and the different phases of the conversion funnel;
- Oversees the creation, organic distribution (social, SEO), and paid distribution of content that is highly resonant with target audiences;
- Create and maintain content management process and library;
- Writes copy for online marketing content;
- Works with client to enhance, edit and reformat legacy and newly created content;
- Develops and shares expertise on client products and services;
- Interacts with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics;
- Responsible for the accuracy, quality and timely delivery of all requested content products to the client, including the review and approval of work performed by the Content Team;
- Responsible for providing necessary data to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness of all requested reports to the client, including Statement of Work requirements;
- Manages outside vendors, copy writers and designers;
- Assists with project budgets; and
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have previous and successful experience in the above-mentioned duties. The below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, journalism or marketing from four-year college;
- Minimum 3 years of marketing experience, preferably digital content marketing;
- Work independently and as a team player;
- Work creatively and analytically to approach work with new ideas;
- Working knowledge of HubSpot or other similar content distribution platform;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Possess excellent time-management skills;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, including verbal and written;
- Strong understanding and comfort with social media;
- Continually raise the bar on creative assignments;
- Be open and able to act on constructive feedback;
- Demonstrate functional understanding and affinity of sports and entertainment industries;
- Energetic and proactive work style;
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and confidentiality;
- Self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast paced and results driven environment;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Excellent people skills and an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with clients;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment; and
- Computer literacy is required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.